Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soup du Jour

Hey, everyone! Sorry that I’m (again) late in getting my post on the web, but I’ve had two very busy days in a row here at the office.

 

This morning I was a tad bit late (I got lost on the subway somewhere under Times Square) and I silently freaked out the closer and closer I got to the office. Luckily, a lot of people were just getting in when I got there, so it wasn’t too big a deal. After meeting the staff members who weren’t in yesterday, I went straight to work on a story that I have due early next week. I’m really loving all of the writing that I’m getting to do, but I still have plenty of other menial stuff that I have to do (getting people coffee, changing the toner in the printer, etc.)

 

Last night was pretty fun. I had dinner with a friend who’s working at another magazine in my building. We went to ‘Wichcraft and had the weirdest combination of fruit, meat and bread that has ever passed across my lips. Still, it was one of the best sandwiches I’ve had in a while. Thank you, Chef Colicchio.

 

Just a tip: Try new things! There was a really weird soup at a place I went to for lunch today, but I ordered it anyway, and it turned out to be damn good soup. ‘Wichcraft has plenty of locations in the city. Find one that’s near you today, and order a grilled cheese, ham and pear sandwich!

 

Have a good night, interns. More tomorrow!

 

- Trade Intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment