Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Intern on the Prowl

So I forgot to mention in yesterday’s post: I had an awesome experience on Friday! I got to attend a press event featuring a famous fashion designer whose work is sold at high-end retail shops like Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman. I got to sit in the press area with the “reserved” seats and everything, and even asked him a question about aspiring fashionistas.

Yesterday after work, I met some friends in the East Village, which is one of my favorite parts of the city. I scoped out some great restaurants for the intern on the prowl for a cheap and yummy bite. Amy’s Bread is tried and true; their melt-in-your-mouth scones (oatmeal with nuts and fruit, or cherry cream) are a must-try. It’s a great venue to go on a lunch break (or even stop by for breakfast, if you have time before work) to grab some alone time with a latte and the newspaper or your favorite mag. The workday will seem so much longer if you stay at your desk all day – try getting out of the office for a stroll, even if it’s just for 15 or 20 minutes. The fresh air will do wonders, and you’ll come back to work totally refreshed. (Well, maybe not today, seeing as it’s a torrential downpour.)

If you’re looking for a fun, chic place to hit with friends, try Dos Caminos – their margaritas and fresh guacamole are out of this world. For those of you with a sweet tooth (that’s definitely me), try Grom at Bleecker and Carmine. You can’t go wrong with any of the eccentric ice cream flavors (my fave is tiramisu), and summertime just begs for a delish cone of fro-yo.

Those are my foodie recommendations for the day. I’m blogging my fingers off here at work, so I have to keep this short. Can’t wait til the Ed Intern Party tomorrow night! If you need directions, just Hop-Stop it.

xoxo,
cyber intern

1 comment:

  1. niceblog... i like the way you expressed those things..its interesting to read your blog..eagerly waiting for your new topics..como agrandar el pene

    ReplyDelete