Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decoding Mag Speak...

Morning Edsters!

It's that magical day of the week- Wednesday!! It's the halfway point, and tonight also happens to be the Ed's Intern party from 6:30-9:30, which gives me even more of a reason to celebrate! I plan on finishing all my work and moving my money knowledgeable butt up there (as it's on 79th) as quickly as possible. Hopefully I'll see you there, although we won't know we met ;). Oh how very Gossip Girl (Yes I'm an adult and Yes I absolutely adore the show, how could I not, it incorporates so many things I love, with anonymity being high on that list!!)

Anyway I have some amazing news! Yesterday as I was looking at the magazine publishing deadline sheet I received from the editorial meeting, I realized I had no idea what the phrase "TK" stood for. Having interned for the past 10 months I knew it meant to be determined or to be added, but I didn't know what the letters actually meant. I asked a fellow intern and she was kind enough to show me this amazing article on MediaBistro. It details all the mag-terms (misspelled and all!) and defines them for interns and those new to the biz. This is DEFINITELY something to look into so that you can impress your boss with your next mag-language friendly email. Just remember to get the misspellings correct!

Enjoy the day and don't forget about the Intern party tonight!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment