Monday, June 8, 2009

New Week, New Job

Hey, interns!

I'm under the gun here at work, but I promise I will update everyone on my first day just as soon as I can.

Hope your weeks have gotten off to a great start!

- Trade Intern

The Promised Update

Sorry, everyone! I'm finally back at home (several hours later) and I have so much to dish about my first day at work.

I got to my building relatively early, and after a short spiel from a very nice guy in Human Resources, I went to meet my supervisor. She's really patient and warm and didn't flinch when I asked her questions that turned out to be really obvious and simple. She helped me get set up in my cubicle (which I don't have to share!), then walked me around all of our departments and introduced me to a lot of people on staff. There are soooo many names to remember, so that will be my number one mission this week.

After we came back from the extensive fashion closet (yay!), I handled a few administrative tasks and then my supervisor and another editor took me to lunch. They gave me some great tips about cool and cheap places to go, how to use the temperamental coffee machine in the kitchen, and how to interact with the people on staff.

My afternoon was a whirlwind of calls and emails and confusion, but in the end, I couldn't have asked for a better day. I'm staring down the barrel of a long gun loaded with stuff to do in the morning, but quite frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just a tip: When you meet a new person for the first time (especially if it's someone who can assign stuff for you to do), repeat their name when you shake their hand and look them directly in the eye. It's a simple action that will help you put their face to their name.

Have a good night, interns! More tomorrow

- Trade Intern

1 comment:

  1. im enjoying ur blogs.. its very interesting .. your ideas also good ..keep going..como agrandar el pene

    ReplyDelete