Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Busy!

Hey Edsters,

Sorry for the missed post- I've been so busy over here in money-land that I completely forgot (sorry?!) about the blog!!

Apparently, as I am now beginning my 4th week in the wonderful world of magazines, there is quite a lot of chaos as a magazine closes, and I have been learning all about it this week. The other thing that's hard to believe is how many months in advance Magazines need to plan. I am assuming that all magazines run on similar time tables and thus plan at least one to two months in advance. It's unbelievable to think that some of the stuff I'm currently working on may not been read by "real" people until there's snow on the ground, and I'm all warm and cozy in my college library "studying" for my finals!! How do they stay current!! That's a big question I plan to try to answer as I work here. Most magazines, I think, do a great job of staying in the know, particularly the fashion/beauty mags, despite this large time span between writing the articles and actually printing the book.

I hope you are reading all the posts on this blog, because I am, and I find so many of the other interns hits and tricks to be quite helpful!!

Alright more tomorrow, gotta get back to work!!

:D -- Money Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment