Tuesday, July 23, 2013

PUNK: Chaos to Couture

Hi Edsters,

I'm sure I'm not alone when I admit I have a NYC bucket list for this summer. I mean, come on...who doesn't!? In a city full of 24/7 excitement, I'm finding there is always somewhere or something new to explore and fun to see, just never enough time to do it all! Yet, there is one thing I HAVE to check out before I leave the Big Apple and return back home. 





Image from MET website
Of course it is the one-and-only PUNK: Chaos to Couture exhibit at the MET. Ever since I sat glued to my TV the night of the MET Ball, I've been dying to check this out for myself. This exhibit examines  how the trend of punk has impacted high fashion throughout the years. After doing a little research of my own, I found out there's over 100 designs (for men and women!) on display to illustrate some original punk garments from the '70s and even more recent, modern looks to showcase how this rock-n-roll style has influenced couture today. Sounds like the perfect date night for me!

Themes will include both New York and London, which will tell the punk tale of both cities. This exhibit will focus on the "do-it-yourself" concept punk possesses, while incorporating some of the materials, techniques, and embellishments used to make these trendy designs. 

The best part is that this exhibit will be presented as a multi-sensory experience, where the clothes will be animated period music videos and documentaries. 

I don't know about you but this sounds amazing. As a girl who lives by the "no rules in fashion" guidelines, I love the voice punk projects not only on the runway, but on the streets as well. Because where there's no rules, there's no limitations!



Images from MET website gallery!

If you're interested in viewing this exhibit yourself, below are the hours of admission. Hope to see you there!

Open 7 Days a Week

Sunday–Thursday: 10:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.*
Friday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.*



Have you been to this exhibit yet? If so, how did you like it? What are other great places to explore in New York City? Or, what is on your bucket list?

XO,

Fashion Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment