Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What to Wear for Your First Day as a Fashion Intern

Well Edsters,

Here I am trying to pick out an outfit for my first day at my summer internship. Since I’ll be working at one of the most popular fashion magazine, the pressure is definitely on. My mind is at a torn–do I overdress to impress on my first day, or should I try and recreate some of the casual outfits I always see in the magazine itself? Decisions, decisions…

Although this may seem like a small dilemma to some, I believe your first impression can say a lot about who you are as a person, and the work you can deliver. Therefore, I want to look sharp and polished, without trying too hard. Yet, I’ve come to find out that you can never get the true sense of the office wardrobe until your first day when you can spot what others are wearing. 

After looking at all my clothes scattered across my floor from where I’ve been trying everything on, I think I’ll stick with a loveable summer dress and some cute (comfortable) flats. That way, I’ll be dressing for style and comfort–two things that will go hand-in-hand for this internship! For my own personal reference, I always try to incorporate pops of color throughout my wardrobe. Living in a city where people are known for wearing black from head-to-toe, you’re bound to stick out in a crowd by weaving in color. Whether it’s some colorful flats or even a bright piece of jewelry, it only takes one cute accessory to get noticed! 

What are some of your thoughts on first-day outfits? Luckily, for our technology-driven generation, we have style tips right at our fingertips so that we can always stay up-to-date with all the trendiest colors, fashion advice, and even beauty tips.

XOXO,
Fashion Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment