Monday, July 6, 2009

The Best Things in Life

Today at work was probably one of the weirdest days I've had in my internship so far. Normally Mondays are painstakingly slow, but today certain departments existed in a flurry of activity (fashion closet, features department), while others waxed and waned between panicked and comatose (news, copy editing).

I've been charged with a short feature: interviewing a designer about her first collection of accessories for spring of next year (remember, fashion happens six months in advance). I'm to figure out her inspiration, her technique and the price points of her new collection. All this morning I was on the phone or typing away furiously trying to get in contact with her or the public relations person who might be able to put me in contact with her. When I finally did get in touch with the magic PR lady, I was told that they would get back to me by the end of the day.

Did that happen? It did not. But just in case, I sat near my phone and in front of my computer for the rest of the day like a puppy waiting for its owner to come home, hoping they would call me back. In between that, I stuffed envelopes and did research for one of the assistant editors, but I never got a phone call that pertained to my story.

So after crazy bouts of productivity and laziness, I came home and decided that I needed a one dollar slice of pizza. I was lucky to find 2 Bros. Pizza on St. Mark's. It was a bit of a walk for me, but if you live in the East Village, I highly recommend it. Buyers beware - pepperoni costs an extra 50 cents. If you show up with one dollar, you're only going to get cheese.

Just a tip: If you buy a pair of pants at Uniqlo, they'll tailor them for free! Go now before everything goes off sale.

Have a good night, interns! More tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Good cheap pizza is always worth the walk. Good tip on Uniqlo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I wondered...I think fashion intern must of had to leave due to being found out by her boss and the other ones haven't been posting as frequently. :( I check this site everyday for insider gossip! lol

    ReplyDelete