Monday, June 28, 2010

The First Day

I hate to admit that my anxiety got the better of me this morning. My stomach was in knots as my taxi (I was too afraid to try the subway!) pulled up to the building. But after five minutes, my anxiety fizzled away and I found myself in heaven.

The editorial assistant for entertainment met the cast of Glee last night. The EA for literature has a hundred novels to look through. Best of all, the freebies table is stocked with makeup, books, bags, and anything you could possible imagine.

I have my own desk that I’ll share with the two other interns that will hopefully come next week. Since the magazine hit the stores two weeks ago, there wasn’t much for me to do. But I’m told that over the next few days, editors and EA’s will be giving me plenty to work on. Bring it on!

Looking back, the last couple of months have flown by. Moving to New York was merely a dream that I never thought would become a reality. After to applying to what seemed like a million places (all found on ed2010.com, of course), I finally got a call back. My spring break was spent driving to New York City with my roommates, interviewing, and shopping. After a week of impatiently waiting, I got an email saying that one of the nation’s best women’s magazines wanted me. ME!

So, here I am. A working woman. Kind of. I’m already getting caught up in the hustle that makes New York great. More adventures to follow soon. Check back next Monday for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment