Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye from the Web Intern

Dear Edsters,

Here we are! The end of the summer is, unfortunately, upon us. But, don’t despair! Fall brings with it another array of pleasant surprises: new school supplies, new clothes, new classes, and, if need be, a fresh start. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this last Labor Day weekend. As a farewell to you all, I thought I would compile a list of things that I have learned this Summer, during my internship and not:

1. School is fantastic. As per my previous post, you know I’m a geek. But, seriously, treasure it, and try to keep that creative energy and flow throughout your life. Even when school will be over.

2. Making money is fulfilling. But working hard for it, and seeing results is even greater.
So, make money your focus, but make sure to be doing something that you enjoy regardless of its financial correlation. I won’t lie, being able to pay for my own clothes, and my own coffee, and my own life (in part), without asking my parents for help, was actually sweet. However, seeing my name imprinted under something that I wrote, and receiving praises for it by my editor is definitely priceless.

3. Life isn’t only about work, or school. As corny as it sounds, it really is about so much more. So, please, don’t lose interest in living. Don’t make fun your priority, but keep it at the top of your list.

4. New York is the greatest city on the planet. I knew this already, but, this summer, I really grew a deep connection to this great place. My advice, and hope, for you is to find a city that makes you as happy as New York makes me. After that, all your soul-searching will actually feel a bit easier.

There it is, that tiny bit of knowledge that I have is officially part of you as well. Thank you so much for all your great comments, and for reading my attempts at being inspiring. Hope this summer was as meaningful to you as it was to me.

Wish you all the best,
Web intern.

No comments:

Post a Comment